Diploma in Catering and Accommodation Management Course Outline
Diploma in Catering and Accommodation Management course is a marketable course for students who want to hospitality course.
KCSE Mean Grade C- (Minus), or equivalent qualifications approved by KNEC
- Communication skills
- Life skills
- Information communication technology
- Food and beverage production
- Food and beverage service and sales
- Housekeeping, front office laundry
- Catering and accommodation control I
- Catering and accommodation premise
- Accommodation management I
- Catering and accommodation control II
- Diet therapy
- Hospitality accounting
- Law related to hospitality industry
- Business plan
- Accommodation operations management II
- Principles and practices of management
- Sales and marketing for hospitality industry
- Human relations
- Research methods
- Elective modules for mod II and III
- Food and beverage production management
- Food and beverage service and sales management
Upon successful completion of this course students should have the skills and knowledge to be able to:
- Develop an effective working relationship with colleagues by communicating clearly and effectively.
- Demonstrate a professional image by identifying personal appearance standards for their roles in hospitality sectors.
- Demonstrate understanding of their rights in the workplace.
- Plan catering activities to meet client needs by developing a detailed event plan including budget requirements, resources, staffing arrangements and timelines.
- Coordinate the preparation of food items according to standard recipes to meet client needs on an ongoing basis by monitoring food production activities; resolving problems; providing support as required; ensuring quality standards are met; reviewing menus; providing feedback to staff on performance as required; checking food against order specifications, etc.