Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering Course Outline
The minimum entry requirements for the diploma in aeronautical engineering course are:-
- Pass in relevant Craft Course,
- KCSE Mean Grade C- (Minus), or
- Equivalent qualification approved by KNEC.
- Recognize the principles that govern the operation of aircraft engineering systems.
- While working in the aeronautical engineering workshop, apply acquired knowledge and abilities in the operation, care, and repair of workshop tools and equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of international norms and conventions that apply to aircraft operations, as well as aviation safety measures and procedures, both on the ground and in the air.
- In airline operations, follow the requirements of the International Civil Aviation Organization and any future revisions.
- Demonstrate your understanding of aircraft building.
Duration: 3 years.
The program is continuously assessed with the Institute’s final exams, KNEC and KCAA.
Successful graduates can work for airlines, charter firms, avionics and instrumentation companies, aircraft maintenance organizations, and aircraft ground handling agents, among other places.