How To Apply for M-Pesa Business Till Number
Are you a business owner looking to accept mobile money payments from your customers?
In Kenya, Safaricom’s M-Pesa platform is a popular choice for accepting mobile payments. However, to receive payments through M-Pesa, you first need to get a till number from Safaricom.
Today you will learn what M-Pesa till number is and how to get one from Safaricom.
How to Get an Mpesa Till Number from Safaricom
Getting Mpesa till number from Safaricom is a simple process that can be completed in a few steps. Follow the steps below to get your Mpesa till number:
Ensure that you have the following documents:
- National Identity Card (Soft copy).
- KRA Pin Certificate (Individual or for your registered business/company).
- Mobile number where OTP will be sent and you will be using to see payments made.
- Business certificate (soft copy).
- Names and mobile numbers for the person who will be in charge.
- Filled and signed M-Pesa Business Till Number application form.
- A copy of the certificate of incorporation has been stamped.
- Appointed persons having a signatory authority and provide copies of
- their identification documents.
- Bank details.
- KRA pin certificate for the company.
- Copy of Annual Returns or CR12 –30 days valid.
- filing receipt.
- Copy of business photo.
- Copy of Identification Documents of Persons Opening the account.
- Cheque that has been cancelled or a letter from the bank confirming the bank’s details.
Visit any Safaricom shop or dealer outlet near you. You can find a list of Safaricom shops and dealers on their website.
Provide the Safaricom customer care representative with the documents listed above.
Fill in the Mpesa merchant application form. Ensure that you fill in all the required fields accurately.
Submit the form and wait for the approval. The approval process can take up to 5 working days.
Once your application is approved, you will receive an SMS from Safaricom with your Mpesa till number.
Start accepting mobile payments from your customers through your M-Pesa till number.
To apply M-Pesa Till Number online visit: https://m-pesaforbusiness.co.ke/ and click on Apply Now
Note: The product fits best businesses that do not require more client information, such as retail, supermarkets, gas stations, restaurants, hairdressers, and so on.
The M-PESA Till number allows businessmen and organizations to collect payments from their customers and utilize the money to perform additional transactions directly from their till number.
Benefits of Using M-PESA Business Till
- Allows business owners to collect payments.
- Pay to utilities (Paybill)
- Pay to another Buy Goods Till
- Pay to a mobile number
- Withdraw cash at an M-PESA agent
- Sell airtime to customers using collected funds and earn a commission.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How much does it cost to get Mpesa till number from Safaricom?
Getting Mpesa till number from Safaricom is free of charge.
Q: Can I apply for Mpesa till number online?
Yes, you can sign up for an account at LipaNaMpesa portal to apply for a new Mpesa till number.
Q: Can I change my Mpesa till number once it has been issued?
Yes. You can request to change your Mpesa till number by visiting any Safaricom shop or dealer outlet near you.
Q: Can I use my Mpesa till number to withdraw cash from M-Pesa agent?
Yes. You can withdraw money from your M-Pesa Till number at any M-pesa agent.
You can also use M-Pesa till number to pay employees, pay bills and also send money to your friends.
Q: Can I download M-Pesa till number statement?
Yes. You can export M-Pesa till number statement on your phone via M-Pesa Business app.